Provider Directory secure your professional identity with the insurance industry by providing an identity management framework for healthcare providers across Canada by
- Facilitate the claims process, and improve the accuracy of claims and e-claims processing.
- Retains only publicly available information on healthcare providers.
- Allow only locations from where you currently work the ability to submit a claim in your name.
- Prevent a claim submission when your licence is inactive (retire, on leave …).
Other resources to protect your identity.
We put together a list of resources developed by other organisms to help provider to fight fraud and prevent identity theft:
- Tips to protect against identity fraud by the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
- Business and identity theft by the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
- Identity theft resources on Public Safety Canada website
- Occupational Fraud report by Certified General Accountant Association
- Protect your practice from health care fraud by the Canadian Health Care Anti-fraud Association (CHCAA)
- Presentation from CHCAA regarding health care fraud, including identity theft.